Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
Revel in the beauty of the Burgundy wine country surrounding this 19th century Château with two original towers. The beautifully furnished property boasts the perfect combination of traditional and contemporary styling. With seven bedrooms, en suite baths, a gym and a sparkling pool in a park-like setting, it’s easy to enjoy your stay in this historic Burgundy Chateau.
- Location Description
The property is in an excellent location in the heart of South Burgundy. It is within 20 minutes’ drive of many of the most prestigious vineyards in Burgundy on ‘La Route des Vins’. Just a few minutes from Châlon-sur-Saône, a lively town on the River Saône, there is a market three times a week at the Place St-Vincent. Well known for its art culture, the town offers museums and art festivals as well as specialty shops, cafés and restaurants. For those who enjoy cycling, the Voie Verte is the 70 km cycling road of Burgundy running from Châlon-sur-Saône to Macon, a wonderful way to see the countryside.
Dijon: 74 km/46 mi
Macon: 63 km/39 mi
Beaune: 37 km/23 mi
La Route des Vins (Wineries): 10 km/6 mi
Carrefour (Supermarket): 5 km/3 mi
Chalon sur Saone: 5 km/3 mi
Voie Verte (Cycling Road of Burgundy): 4 km/2 mi
St. Marcel (Markets): 2.5 km/1.5 mi
- Exterior Description
This Burgundy property is situated in beautiful wooded parkland. The 200 m private road to the Château proceeds through an apple orchard and opens onto an expansive courtyard with space to park 8 cars. The impressive property has 2 towers and a dependence which will be available in late 2013. Surrounded by a hedge of greenery and trees, some over a century old, the Château offers total privacy. The large heated pool, 6 m x 12 m, is treated with salt and open from April 1st through October 30th. An automatic cover provides safety and helps maintain the water temperature when the pool is not in use. The depth is 1 meter to 1.90m. Spend relaxing afternoons sunning on loungers while the large garden table allows for poolside dining on balmy summer evenings. Enjoy a round of “Petangue” boules while the children have fun on the trampoline.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: Enter the Chateau to find a beautifully tiled foyer boasting an impressive spiral staircase up to the first and second floors. A hallway leads to the comfortable and stylish living room with ample seating and an electric fireplace. This room also features an entertainment center including a Satellite TV, Blu-ray DVD player and PlayStation 3 with video games. French doors open out to the pool terrace. Also on this level, the elegant dining room can seat up to 14 people. The decorated ceiling ‘A la Francaise’ and the original oak flooring add a touch of authenticity. This room also has French doors that open out to the pool terrace. The fully equipped eat-in kitchen offers a large table, refrigerator, oven, 5-burner stove with extractor fan, American coffee maker, electric kettle, toaster, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. An assortment of herbs and spices are provided to enhance the preparation of memorable meals. A guest bath is located in one of the towers on this floor with a sink and WC.
First Floor: This floor opens to a hallway that leads to three bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and a child/baby room. The Master Suite has a queen-size bed (160 cm), a sitting area with Satellite TV and a Blu-ray DVD player. This bedroom has lovely views of the pool and garden and has air conditioning. The ensuite bathroom includes a double sink, a bath with massage jets and handheld shower, and WC. Bedroom two has a queen-size bed (160 cm) and views of the pool and garden. This bedroom opens directly to the ensuite bathroom without a door. The bathroom has a sink, shower and WC. Bedroom three has a queen-size bed (160 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, shower and WC.
Second Floor: There are four bedrooms on this floor each with air conditioning. Bedrooms four and five each have two narrow twin beds (80 cm) which can be joined to make a queen-size bed. These bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms with a tub and handheld shower, sink and WC. Bedroom six has two narrow twin beds (80 cm) which can be joined to make a queen-size bed, an ensuite bathroom, with a double sink and WC. A separate shower is located in the tower and is accessed from the bedroom. Bedroom seven has a queen-size bed (160 cm), an ensuite bathroom with a tub and handheld shower, double sink and WC. The dryer is also located on this floor.
Annex: This building has been converted into a Wellness Center, which includes a fitness and workout room, sauna, steam-room and massage room.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Breakfast Service: Upon request
- Meal Service: Upon request
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Babysitting: Upon request
- Bike Rentals: Upon request
- A car is essential while staying at this property.
- Although common in France an 80 cm single bed may be considered narrow for an adult and is therefore best suited for a young person. However, the beds can be joined upon request to form a queen-size bed.
- The heated pool is open from the beginning of April until the end of October.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Heated
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- DVD player
- Gym Equipment
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Heating - Whole House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1000 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 9:30 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: