Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
On the threshold of the picturesque Jura region of France, this 19th century villa, in the quiet village of Sauniere, offers the perfect peaceful vacation for family and friends. The six bedroom villa with en suite bathrooms has been lovingly restored using traditional and contemporary styling to offer complete comfort. Boating and fishing enthusiasts will appreciate this villa for its location on the Doubs River. Enjoy a tranquil holiday at Villa Sauniere in the heart of the Burgundy wine country.
- Location Description
Villa Helene is located on the Doubs River in the small village of Sauniere. Just 4 km from the property is the medieval town of Verdun sur le Doubs lying at the confluence of the Saone and Doubs rivers. The lovely little town offers shops, café’s, bakeries, butcher, banks and restaurants. Market day is every Thursday. Not to be missed is bread museum in the town; Museum Maison du Ble et du Pain.
Nearby Attractions: Hot air ballooning, cycling, boating, fishing, wine tours.
Dijon: 55 km/34 mi
Dole: 40 km/25 mi
Beaune: 28 km/17 mi
Chalon sur Saone: 25 km/15.5 mi
Verdun sur le Doubs: 4 km/2 mi
- Exterior Description
(4000 m2) Located on the quiet local road, entry to the villa is through an impressive wrought iron gate leading to a spacious courtyard with parking for up to 6 cars. Enjoy a round of “Petanque” boules in a sandy court adjacent to the entry. The back garden is expansive with hedges, flowers and 100 year old walnut trees. The large heated pool, 5 m x 10 m, is treated with salt and open from April 1st through October 30th. An automatic cover provides safety and helps maintain the water temperature when the pool is not in use. The depth is 1 meter to 1.90m. Spend relaxing afternoons sunning on loungers while the large garden table allows for poolside dining on balmy summer evenings. A traditional charcoal barbecue is located near the pool for summer grilling. Children and adults alike will enjoy Ping-Pong and the trampoline in the garden. There are also 2 soccer cages and a swing set. Just 100 meters from the River Doubs the villa offers a good sized fishing spot and a boat ramp to the river.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: The relaxed décor of the living room offers comfortable seating with leather ‘Chesterfield’ sofas. Original beamed ceilings and flooring add to the elegantly rustic atmosphere. The 19th century fireplace has been fitted with an electric system. This room offers an entertainment system including Satellite TV, and Blu-ray DVD player and PlayStation 3 with games. The dining room with its beamed ceiling, antique tiles and brick wood burning fireplace is styled in a “hunting villa” décor. The large dining table seats up to 12 people. The bright kitchen is fully equipped with an oven, 5-burner stove with extractor fan, microwave, a large refrigerator with freezer, a small refrigerator, American coffee maker, electric kettle, toaster and dishwasher. An assortment of herbs and spices are provided to enhance the preparation of memorable meals. A French door opens out to the terrace and the swimming pool area. There is one bedroom on this floor with a king-size bed (180 cm), HD Satellite TV, Blu-ray DVD player and an en suite bathroom with a double sink, shower and WC.
First Floor: There are three bedrooms and a nursery on this floor. The first bedroom has a king-size bed (180 cm), a HD Satellite TV, Blu-ray DVD player and an en suite bathroom with a sink, shower and WC. The second bedroom has a king-size bed (180 cm), a sitting area, an en suite bathroom with a double sink, shower and WC. The third bedroom has two twin beds (90 cm) that can be joined, upon prior request, to make a king-size bed, an en suite bathroom with a sink, shower and WC. The nursery has a crib and dresser.
Second Floor: There are two large bedrooms on this floor, each with two twin beds (90 cm) that can be joined, upon prior request, to make king-size beds. Each room has a sitting area and en suite bathroom with a double sink, bathtub with handheld shower and WC.
Dependence: The small house located adjacent to the villa is dedicated as a fitness and wellness center.
Ground Floor: This level has the sauna and steam room, each able to accommodate 6 people, a bathroom with sink, shower and separate WC. The washing machine and dryer for the villa are located on this floor.
First Floor: The gym is located on this level, equipped with 2 exercise bikes, a rowing machine and weights. A lounge and game area offers comfortable seating and a table football, TV monitor, Blue-DVD player and PlayStation 3 with games.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Breakfast Service: Upon request
- Meal Service: Upon request
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Babysitting: Upon request
- Bike Rentals: Upon request
- A car is essential while staying at this property.
- Although common in France an 80 cm single bed may be considered narrow for an adult and is therefore best suited for a young person. However, the beds can be joined upon request to form a queen-size bed.
- The heated pool is open from the beginning of April until the end of October.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Heated
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- DVD player
- Gym Equipment
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Included
- Heating - Whole House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1000 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Firewood (initial supply): 50 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: